Last Updated: August 6, 2013
Copyright © 2017 MapQuest, Inc. ("MapQuest"). All rights reserved.
We offer you the services of MapQuest on the condition that you agree to the following terms:
Electronic Delivery Policy and Your Consent
By using the Materials, you consent to receive from MapQuest all communications, including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures or other information in connection with the Materials (collectively, “Notices”) electronically. MapQuest shall provide such electronic Notices by posting them on this website. You understand and agree that MapQuest is an online service and transacts with users like you in electronic form only. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive Notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of the website and the Materials.
Entertainment and Informational Purposes
All MapQuest products are offered for your convenience and for entertainment and informational purposes only. Your use of all MapQuest products (including, without limitation, any reliance by you on any results, information or other data provided through these products) is at your sole risk.
You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other proprietary rights and laws. For example, MapQuest owns a copyright in the selection, organization, arrangement and enhancement of the Materials, as well as in the Materials original to itself. Third parties whose Materials appear own the copyright in the Materials original to them. The look and feel of this website, including our color combinations, button shapes, and other graphical elements, are MapQuest trademarks. No portion of the Materials or the data contained in the Materials may be reproduced in whole or in part unless expressly authorized by MapQuest in writing.
The MapQuest name and logo, and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are the trademarks or registered trademarks of MapQuest or AOL Inc. All other product and service marks contained herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. You may not use any MapQuest or third party trademarks or logos without the prior written consent of MapQuest or the applicable trademark owner.
License to and Limitations on Use of Maps, Directions, Cartographic Technology and Content Information
To the extent you are authorized to access, display or otherwise use any Materials outside of any MapQuest website, you may not use such Materials with other content or in a manner that:
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions, or accounts of, sexual acts;
- victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- impersonates any person, business or entity, including MapQuest, its affiliated companies, and their employees and agents;
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, or that gives rise to civil liability;
- removes, alters, reproduces, distorts, or in any way obstructs any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels provided as part of the Materials or MapQuest website;
- uses the Materials or MapQuest website for any purpose other than as expressly permitted;
- interferes or disrupts the MapQuest servers or networks, or disobeys any network access or security requirements, policies, procedures or regulations of MapQuest;
- interferes with the rights of others to use the Materials or MapQuest website;
- uses the Materials or MapQuest website as a means to engage in conduct that reflects poorly upon, disparages or devalues MapQuest’s reputation or goodwill, as determined in MapQuest’s sole discretion; or
- uses the Materials or MapQuest website in conjunction with adult content or promotes illegal activities, gambling, or the sale of tobacco or alcohol to persons under twenty-one (21) years of age.
Posting Content on MapQuest
You may register with us to access products from computers and certain mobile devices. In order to register, you must be legally capable of entering into contracts, you must provide true and accurate registration information and you must keep this information current. We may require that you use or obtain a user ID authorized by us (such as an AOL screen name or Facebook registration) to create your account and to authenticate your access (“User ID”). You agree to abide by any separate terms and policies that will apply to your registration and use of such User ID. We may deny any registration in our sole discretion.
- Any account you establish is for your personal use only. You are responsible for all activities under your account, including all legal liability incurred from the use of your account by you or others. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
- You are solely responsible for the Content you upload or otherwise provide (including any personal information you choose to submit or share, such as maps or images disclosing your home address and the home address of others) and the consequences of sharing or publishing such Content with others and/or the general public. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTACT OR INTERACTION THAT OCCURS BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OTHER USER OF ANY MAPQUEST PRODUCT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MAPQUEST DISCOVER MY MAPS, MAPQUEST LOCAL F/K/A MAPQUEST VIBE, AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK FALLS ON YOU. Once you have posted information about yourself or your family members, through comments, images or even maps locating where you live or work, it may be difficult to control the misuse of such information by others, which could compromise your own privacy. Therefore, consider if there is any information contained in your postings that you would rather be kept private.
- Most of the content you’ll find on the Internet, is subject to copyright protection. Therefore, you agree that you will transmit, post or share only content you own or that you have the express permission to use in this manner. Unless otherwise expressly authorized by MapQuest or by law, you will not modify, copy, frame, reproduce, sell, publish, transmit, display or otherwise use any portion of a MapQuest product or their content without the express written authorization of MapQuest or the owner of the content.
- You will not violate the privacy rights of others by posting their personal information on any MapQuest product, such as name, address, email address, telephone number or map location, without their express, prior consent.
- All Content should not:
- contain images of nudity and/or sexual acts.
- victimize, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- depict gratuitous violence and/or gore.
- exploit a minor (under 18 years old).
- depict gratuitous violence and/or gore.
- depict illegal drugs and/or illicit drug use.
- infringe on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary right of any party.
- link to or otherwise reference content not allowed under these guidelines
- otherwise contain content that is deemed inappropriate by MapQuest.
- You will not use any MapQuest product to mine information about others for purposes of sending unsolicited bulk communications (e.g., spam), to violate any applicable law, regulation or these Terms, or to violate the rights of others.
- All Content uploaded to MapQuest should reflect the location or event being represented.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may take any legal or technical remedies as we deem appropriate to prevent the violation of these Terms and to protect our computer network.
Your representations and license to us
You represent and warrant to us and to other users of MapQuest products that you own or have the appropriate rights to post such Content. In order for us to provide services to you, you give us a permanent right to display, modify, use, perform, transmit, distribute, store and copy any content you post or share on our site.
No duty to monitor or retain data
We are not liable for Content provided by you or others. We have no duty to monitor or pre-screen Content. We reserve the right to remove Content for any reason, but we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such material. Some MapQuest products include limited online storage of Content you submit as a convenience to you; however, please take note that we are not and will not be responsible for lost or missing data or Content you submit.
Procedure For Making Claims Of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify MapQuest. Click here for instructions.
THIS WEBSITE AND THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED WITH ALL FAULTS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. MAPQUEST, ITS LICENSORS AND OTHER SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES THAT THE WEBSITE AND MATERIALS ARE FREE OF DEFECTS, VIRUS FREE, AND ABLE TO OPERATE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED BASIS, THAT THEY WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE WEBSITE AND MATERIALS ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING, UNLESS SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY MAPQUEST, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES OR AUTHORIZED AGENTS SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR EXPAND THE SCOPE OF ANY WARRANTY THAT CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND THE MATERIALS IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
Your use of the website and Materials is at YOUR OWN RISK and MapQuest is under no obligation to provide you with any support, error corrections, updates, upgrades, bug fixes and/or enhancements of the website and Materials.
Please note that the Materials may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. In addition, you may find that weather, construction projects, traffic conditions, or other events may cause road conditions to differ from the listed results. Please obey the rules of the road at all times and comply with all posted signage.
MapQuest has the right at any time to change, modify, add to or discontinue or retire any aspect or feature of the website or Materials, including, but not limited to, the software, content, hours of availability, equipment needed for access or use, or the availability of the website or Materials on any particular device or communications service. MapQuest has no obligation to provide you with notice of any such changes.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MAPQUEST, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, AGENTS OR RESELLERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “MAPQUEST GROUP”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, MISUSE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE UPON THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, SAVINGS OR PROFITS. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF THE MAPQUEST GROUP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE MAPQUEST GROUP’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
ADDITIONALLY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE MAPQUEST GROUP BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN CAUSED TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT, GOODS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY SITES LINKED TO OR FROM THIS WEBSITE.
ALL MAPQUEST PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES.
Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances shall the MapQuest Group be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein or on the website to any products, services, processes, hypertext links to third parties or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by MapQuest. Product and service information are the sole responsibility of each individual vendor.
MapQuest makes no representation that the Materials are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing it from territories where the Materials are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Choice Of Law And Forum
Severability And Integration
MapQuest reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Materials or to all or part of this website, with or without notice.
Supplemental Terms and Privacy Disclosures for MapQuest Wireless Services.
Your Use of MapQuest Wireless Services
Disclosures about Location and Other Information
Your Responsibilities You are responsible for procuring and maintaining at your own expense the necessary GPS and wireless devices for use with MapQuest Wireless Services. You agree that you will use MapQuest Wireless Services solely for your own internal business or personal use and that you will not resell or otherwise attempt to transfer MapQuest Wireless Services to another person or entity. You may not use MapQuest Wireless Services for any illegal, unauthorized, unintended, unsafe, hazardous or unlawful purpose or in any manner that is inconsistent with these terms of service. You agree to assume full responsibility to drive safely, observe all traffic rules and use your own personal judgment while driving. You agree that you will not enter or change information or otherwise interact with MapQuest Wireless Services while driving. You agree that you will use your own judgment in whether or not to follow any route suggestions by MapQuest Wireless Services if you believe that the suggested route instructs you to perform an unsafe or illegal maneuver or routes you to an area that you consider unsafe.
You acknowledge that when you use MapQuest Wireless Services, your wireless carrier may charge you standard fees for messaging and other wireless access and that you, and not MapQuest, will be responsible for such charges. You agree to check with your carrier to verify whether there are any such fees that may apply to you. If you subscribe to any messaging services from MapQuest that use short messaging service features on your wireless application, you understand and agree that your subscription to such messaging services will continue until you take affirmative steps to discontinue the subscription. MapQuest will provide you with instruction on how you can discontinue any text messaging subscription at https://mobile.mapquest.com/mobile/.
Supplemental Disclaimers about MapQuest Wireless Services.
You understand and agree that MapQuest Wireless Services may be supported by advertising, which may accompany the MapQuest Wireless Services delivered to you. Certain advertising may be customized based on your location.
MapQuest shall not be responsible for any misuse of MapQuest Wireless Services while driving. MapQuest cannot guarantee the security of MapQuest Wireless Services or the transmission of data or information to and from the MapQuest Wireless Service. MapQuest does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information provided through MapQuest Wireless Services. You understand and agree that not all information in the map database used for MapQuest Wireless Services may be accurate due to situations such as road closures, construction or weather.
MapQuest Wireless Services may not be available at all geographic locations and at all times. Temporary interruptions of the MapQuest Wireless Services may occur from time to time as normal events. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF MAPQUEST WIRELESS SERVICES. IN ADDITION TO THE OTHER DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, IN NO EVENT WILL MAPQUEST, ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY MAPQUEST WIRELESS SERVICES.
Supplemental Terms for MapQuest Business Listings
Please review these terms carefully. If you do not agree to these Supplemental Terms, please do not submit data to or use Business Listings.
You further grant to MapQuest Properties a royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, promote, syndicate and otherwise use any data or information submitted by You (“Data”) using Business Listings. You agree this license includes a right for MapQuest Properties to make the Data available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom it has relationships.
MapQuest Properties are not liable for any Data or Content you provide. MapQuest is not obligated to use your Data or Content on any or all of the MapQuest Properties. MapQuest has no duty to monitor or screen content and we reserve the right to remove content for any reason, but we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such material. We are not and will not be responsible for any lost or missing Data or Content You submit. MapQuest Properties are not obligated to compensate you or the owner of any Content for the use of Content or Data submitted using Business Listings.
3RD PARTY NOTICES AND LICENSES
Click here for MapQuest's 3rd Party Notices and Licenses.